111 Time-Saving Keyboard Shortcuts for Social Media Managers (PC and Mac)
Do you know utilizing keyboard shortcuts can prevent hours of time? Holy shift! As a social media marketer, suppose what you possibly can obtain with all that additional TikTok dancing follow?
However significantly: Shortcuts can assist you schedule social media posts, reply to DMs, insert hashtags (with out copy/pasting), swap between tabs and accounts, and a lot extra. There’s a sooner technique to do almost all the pieces you have to in a day.
That is your one-stop store for time administration optimization. Hold studying to search out out the 111 keyboard shortcuts for Mac and PC you have to know as a social media supervisor.
Bonus: Get a free social media strategy template to quickly and easily plan your own strategy. Also use it to track results and present the plan to your boss, teammates, and clients.
What’s a keyboard shortcut?
A keyboard shortcut is a specific combination of keys that triggers an action on your computer, e.g. copying or pasting a piece of text.
You can do almost anything with shortcuts, including taking screenshots, scheduling social media posts, switching programs, finding documents and text quickly, and so much more.
A study found that keyboard shortcuts are, on average, 18.3% faster than utilizing a mouse for frequent duties!
Keyboard shortcuts on PC vs. Mac
Keyboard shortcuts look a bit totally different on PCs and Macs. Most shortcuts begin with the identical key: both Management (on PCs) or Command (on Mac). Functionally, that is actually the identical key — the naming is simply totally different between working methods.
It needs to be labeled in your keyboard, but when not, keep in mind:
PC customers = Management
Mac customers = Command
Typically keyboard shortcuts are totally different between the 2 working methods. If there are Home windows or Mac-specific variations of the social media shortcuts beneath, I’ll point out it. In any other case, I’ll default to saying “Management” beneath as a result of despite the fact that I’m a Mac consumer now, I grew up the way in which all elder millennials did: Home windows 98, child.
Keyboard shortcuts for Fb
- Search Fb: /
- Search Messenger contacts: Q
- Navigate Messenger DMs (earlier dialog): Alt + ↑
- Navigate Messenger DMs (subsequent dialog): Alt + ↓
- Present shortcuts menu: SHIFT + ?
- Scroll Information Feed (earlier publish): J
- Scroll Information Feed (subsequent publish): Okay
- Create a publish: P
- Like or not like a publish: L
- Touch upon a publish: C
- Share a publish: S
- Open attachment from a narrative: O
- Launch or exit full-screen mode: F
- Scroll a photograph album (earlier): J
- Scroll a photograph album (subsequent): Okay
- See full textual content of a publish (“See extra”): ENTER on PC / RETURN on Mac
Observe: To make use of these, you have to enable Facebook keyboard shortcuts in your settings. You possibly can flip them on, off, and in addition allow or disable single key shortcuts.
You too can navigate to totally different areas of Fb with the next keyboard shortcuts, however these solely work on Home windows:
- Residence: Alt + 1
- Timeline: Alt + 2
- Associates Web page: Alt + 3
- Inbox: Alt + 4
- Notifications: Alt + 5
- Settings: Alt + 6
- Exercise Log: Alt + 7
- About: Alt + 8
- Phrases: Alt + 9
- Assist: Alt + 0
In Firefox: Press Shift + Alt +1, and so forth.
Mac tip: Some stories say these work in Safari as Management + Possibility + 1, nonetheless they didn’t on my M1 MacBook with Monterey. You probably have an older Mac, give it a attempt.
Keyboard shortcuts for Twitter
- Seek for optimistic model sentiment Tweets: 🙂 + your organization title (or another time period)
- Seek for adverse sentiment Tweets: 🙁 + firm title
- Ship a DM: M
- Scroll Residence feed (earlier Tweet): J
- Scroll Residence feed (subsequent Tweet): Okay
- Refresh Residence feed to see new Tweets: . (interval!)
- Like a Tweet: L
- Write a brand new Tweet: N
- Publish Tweet: Management + Enter on PC / Command + Return on Mac
- Favourite present Tweet: F
- Retweet chosen Tweet: T
- Open element web page of present Tweet: Enter (Return on Mac)
You too can navigate Twitter by urgent the next keyboard shortcuts on the identical time:
- Residence Feed: G + H
- Mentions: G + R
- Notifications: G + N
- DMs: G + M
- Your profile: G + P
- Another person’s profile: G + U
- Lists: G + L
- Settings: G + S
Keyboard shortcuts for YouTube
- Skip backward or ahead when watching a video: Use quantity keys to skip to the next marks.
- 1 = 10%
- 2 = 20%
- 3 = 30%
- 4 = 40%
- 5 = 50%
- 6 = 60%
- 7 = 70%
- 8 = 80%
- 9 = 90%
- 0 = Again to the beginning
- Make video full-screen: F
- Play or pause video: Area Bar
- Rewind video: Left arrow key
- Quick-forward video: Proper arrow key
- Skip video ahead 10 seconds: L
- Skip video backward 10 seconds: J
- Go to the subsequent video within the playlist: Shift + N
- Go to the earlier video within the playlist: Shift + P
- Toggle closed captioning on or off: C
- Quantity up by 5%: Up arrow
- Quantity down by 5%: Down arrow
Keyboard shortcuts for LinkedIn
- Ship a DM: Management + Enter (or Return on Mac)
- Or, you’ll be able to set LinkedIn to ship a message, as an alternative of beginning a brand new line, while you press Enter.
- Add a picture or video to a publish: Tab + Enter
- Ship your publish or remark: Tab + Tab + Enter
Shortcuts for LinkedIn Recruiter
In a listing of candidate profiles in search outcomes:
- Subsequent individual: Proper arrow
- Earlier individual: Left arrow
- Save profile to pipeline: S
- Cover profile: H
Shortcuts for LinkedIn Studying movies
- Play/pause: Area Bar
- Mute audio: M
- Flip closed captioning on or off: C
- Quantity up: Up arrow
- Quantity down: Down arrow
- Skip backwards 10 seconds: Left arrow
- Skip ahead 10 seconds: Proper arrow
- Make video full-screen: F
Keyboard shortcuts for content material creation
These shortcuts work in most functions and net browsers, although some apps could have their very own particular shortcuts. You might be acquainted with most of those already, however don’t underestimate how a lot time these can prevent in comparison with clickin’ round.
With regards to content creation, batching your manufacturing and getting your captions, graphics, and hyperlinks all performed without delay is crucial in your workflow. The sooner you may make content material, the extra you may make, and the higher your social media advertising and marketing ROI will probably be.
- Copy: Management + C
- Lower: Management + X
- Paste: Management + V
- Choose all: Management + A
- Undo: Management + Z
- Redo: Shift + Management + Z
- Daring textual content: Management + B
- Italicize textual content: Management + I
- Insert a hyperlink: Management + Okay
Take a screenshot on PC
- Home windows Emblem key + PrtScn
- Or, should you don’t have PrtScn: Fn + Home windows Emblem + Area Bar
Take a screenshot on Mac
- Whole display screen: Shift + Command + 3 (press and maintain all collectively)
- Portion of your display screen: Shift + Command + 4
- Screenshot an open window or app: Shift + Command + 4 + Area Bar (then use mouse to pick which window to seize)
Put these shortcuts in your again pocket ‘trigger you’re going to make use of them day by day. Oh, the shortcut for that? Ctrl + ↓ = ship to again (pocket).
- Search textual content on a webpage or (most) functions: Management + F
- Scroll to the subsequent point out of your search time period when utilizing this: Management + G
- Swap open tabs in your net browser: Management + Tab
- Open a brand new tab: Management + N
- Save progress: Management + S
- Shut a browser tab or app window: Management + W
- Stop an software: Management + Q
- Power stop a frozen software: Management + Alt + Delete (press on the identical time) on PC / Possibility + Command + Escape on Mac
- Restart a very frozen pc:
- Home windows: Management + Alt + Delete (identical time), then Management + click on the Energy icon that comes up on the display screen
- Mac, with out Contact ID: Management + Command + Energy button
- Mac, with Contact ID: Maintain down the Energy button till it restarts
- Swap between open apps: Alt + Tab on PC / Command + Tab on Mac (maintain the Command key down and press Tab to pick an open app)
- Wildcard Google search: Add * to the tip of your search phrase to search out key phrases associated to your search phrase.
- Seek for an actual phrase in Google (additionally works for Fb, Twitter, and lots of different websites): Put quotes round it, like “Mac keyboard shortcuts”
- Use Google to look a selected web site: Put the URL adopted by a colon. Further search energy? Add quotes to search out an actual phrase, too.
- Search your pc: Home windows Emblem key + S on PC / Command + Area Bar on Mac
- Zoom in a browser tab or app: Management + +
- Zoom out: Management + –
Keyboard shortcuts for Hootsuite
These shortcuts can significantly increase your productiveness in Hootsuite:
- Ship or schedule a publish: Shift + Enter on PC / Shift + Return on Mac
- Navigate Hootsuite in your net browser: Press Tab to cycle by sections—Residence, Create, Streams, and so forth—and Enter to pick one.
Fast textual content phrase shortcuts
On most units, you’ll be able to assign a protracted textual content phrase to a key or shorter phrase, which saves you from having to kind it on a regular basis. Use this for hashtags, solutions to continuously requested questions, frequent DM responses, and extra.
Use your textual content replacements within the Hootsuite cellular app or on the internet whereas scheduling posts to avoid wasting a ton of time:
Hootsuite keyboard shortcuts for Streams
Use these within the search bar in a brand new Stream to supercharge your content curation and engagement analysis.
Go to the Streams tab, then click on Add Stream on the high:
Choose the account you need to use, faucet Search, enter one of many following shortcuts, and click on Add stream.
On this instance, my Stream exhibits social media posts about advertising and marketing that don’t have hyperlinks—good for including to my content material curation workflow.
- Seek for optimistic model sentiment posts: 🙂 + your organization title (instance: 🙂 Hootsuite)
- Seek for adverse model sentiment posts: 🙁 + your organization title
- See posts with out hyperlinks: -filter:links (example: marketing -filter:links)
- To see only posts with links, remove the “-” so: marketing filter:links
- Find content near your location: near:City (example: marketing near:Vancouver)
- Find content in a specific language: lang:en (Find language abbreviations.)
- See solely posts with questions: Add a ? to your search time period.
Handle a number of Fb pages alongside your different social channels and save time utilizing Hootsuite. Schedule posts, share video, have interaction with followers, and measure the impression of your efforts. Strive it free as we speak.
Do it higher with Hootsuite, the all-in-one social media toolkit. Keep up to the mark, develop, and beat the competitors.