25 WhatsApp Stats Entrepreneurs Must Know in 2022
WhatsApp is an excellent standard on the spot messaging platform that’s come a good distance since its launch method again in 2009 by two former Yahoo! staff. Quick ahead 13 years and WhatsApp is owned by Meta, who operates the platform as a part of its Household of Apps, which additionally consists of Fb, Instagram, and Fb Messenger.
WhatsApp permits customers to ship and obtain a complete number of messages, together with textual content, photographs, movies, paperwork, places, and different content material, for instance, hyperlinks. Operating off a mobile community, WhatsApp additionally provides its customers the flexibility to make and obtain calls by audio or video channels. And that’s not all.
The platform additionally boasts WhatsApp Business, an app that makes it fast and straightforward for small companies to speak and join with clients to promote services.
Whether or not you’re utilizing WhatsApp for enterprise or pleasure, entrepreneurs will discover enormous worth in understanding the Whatsapp stats that matter most in 2022. Learn on!
Bonus: Download our free WhatsApp for Customer Care guide to get more pointers on how to use WhatsApp Business to get higher conversion rates, better customer experience, lower costs, and higher customer satisfaction.
WhatsApp user statistics
1. 2 billion people use WhatsApp every month
That is in all probability an important of all of the WhatsApp stats.
Nearly a 3rd of the world’s inhabitants use WhatsApp to ship messages, photographs, video and make telephone and video calls!
Since February 2016, WhatsApp has actively elevated its month-to-month energetic customers from 1 billion to 2 billion. Might we be daring and predict that by 2027, the variety of WhatsApp customers could possibly be 3 billion MAUs (given their earlier observe report)?
2. 45.8% of WhatsApp’s users identify as female
Barely lower than males, who make up the remaining 54.2% of WhatsApp’s customers.
3. Daily active users (DAUs) has increased by 4% since January 2021
As compared, Telegram and Sign reported a lack of greater than 60% DAUs over the identical time interval.
4. The number of people using messaging apps is expected to grow to over 3.5 billion users in 2025
That’s a rise of 40 billion folks in comparison with 2021. This forecast spells excellent news for WhatsApp, who already personal a substantial slice of the messaging market and might solely anticipate their person depend to extend.
5. WhatsApp was downloaded over 4.5 million times in America throughout Q4 2021
That is nearly double the obtain price of India, Russia, and Brazil.
6. And WhatsApp was the 7th most popular download in the whole of America in 2021
Over 47 million folks downloaded WhatsApp within the US of A in 2021, which is a development of 5% in comparison with 2020. TikTok topped the preferred obtain checklist with 94 million downloads. Instagram got here second with 64 million downloads, and Snapchat took the third spot with a cool 56 million downloads of their photograph and video sharing app.
7. In the US, WhatsApp is expected to grow to over 85 million users by 2023
This is a rise of 25% in comparison with 2019.
8. Hispanic Americans are far more likely than Black or White Americans to use WhatsApp
In keeping with Pew, 46% of Hispanic Individuals stated they’re extra possible to make use of WhatsApp than Black Individuals (23%) and White Individuals (15%).
Supply: Pew Analysis Heart
WhatsApp utilization statistics
9. WhatsApp is the most popular social messaging app in the world
Beating stiff competitors from Fb Messenger, WeChat, QQ, Telegram, and Snapchat.
10. WhatsApp dominates the messenger landscape
The omnipotent app boasts 700 million extra customers month-to-month than Fb Messenger and WeChat.
11. Over 100 billion WhatsApp messages are sent every day
That’s a number of textual content messaging!
12. And over 2 billion minutes are spent on voice and video calls every day
And that’s a number of speaking!
13. WhatsApp is the world’s favorite social media platform
Out of Web customers aged 16-64, WhatsApp reigns supreme, beating out Insta’ and Fb to the highest spot of the preferred social community.
Supply: Hootsuite Digital Traits Report
14. Broken down by age group, WhatsApp is ranked the highest in popularity for women aged 55-64
So in case your Mother and Auntie are glued to their WhatsApp screens, now you recognize why! WhatsApp can be the preferred app for males aged 45-54 and 55-64. The messaging platform is least standard with ladies aged 16-24.
15. On average, users spend 18.6 hours per month on WhatsApp
That’s a number of messaging and calls! Damaged down right into a every day quantity, which means that customers spend 4.6 hours every week on WhatsApp.
16. Users in Indonesia spend the most time on WhatsApp, totaling 31.4 hours per month
The second highest utilization comes from Brazil. The bottom? The French solely spend a small 5.4 hours monthly on the app, carefully adopted by Australia with 5.8 hours. Might this be that they’re extra reliant on iMessage in these nations or different types of on the spot messaging and file sharing?
Supply: Hootsuite Digital Traits Report
17. WhatsApp is the third most most-used social media platform
As we’ve talked about, over 2 billion folks on the planet frequently use WhatsApp, and this places the platform forward of Instagram, TikTok, Messenger, Snapchat, and Pinterest.
Supply: Hootsuite Digital Traits Report
18. 1.5% of WhatsApp users are unique to the platform
Which means 1.5% of WhatsApp’s 2 billion customers, 30 million of them solely use WhatsApp and no different social media platform.
19. WhatsApp is most popular amongst users of Facebook and YouTube
81% of WhatsApp customers additionally use Fb, and 76.8% additionally use Instagram. Solely 46.4% use WhatsApp and Tiktok.
20. WhatsApp allows you to run a conversation with 256 individuals at once from anywhere in the world
So long as there’s WiFi or knowledge, you’re good to ship and obtain data.
WhatsApp for enterprise statistics
21. WhatsApp.com is one of the least visited websites out of the social media tribe
The location attracted 34 billion visits, which remains to be so much, however not very many in comparison with YouTube.com (408 billion), Fb.com (265 billion), and Twitter.com (78 billion).
22. WhatsApp increased its search volume by 24.2% YOY
Which means the time period “WhatsApp” was the seventh hottest search time period after “Google,” “Fb,” “Youtube,” “you,” “climate,” and “translate.” In that case many individuals are trying to find WhatsApp, how come their web site will get low site visitors? Solutions on a postcard to the standard handle.
23. WhatsApp Business has downloaded 215 million times on Android and iOS
Nearly all of these downloads got here from India, with Brazil an in depth second.
24. In 2014, WhatsApp was acquired by Facebook for $16 billion
Touted as one of the vital important acquisitions in tech historical past, WhatsApp’s MAU on the time was a mere 450 million customers, a far cry from the two billion MAUs the platform boasts as we speak. It feels like Fb knew what they have been doing after they made the bid.
25. Revenue across Meta’s Family of Apps increased by 37% in 2021
We couldn’t discover a precise breakdown of WhatsApp income, however the group behind WhatsApp, Fb, Instagram, and Messenger introduced in $115 million in 2021, with the opposite $2 million in income coming from Meta’s Actuality Labs.
If you happen to’d prefer to know extra about WhatsApp and the way the moment messaging platform will help your small business, try our weblog put up How to Use WhatsApp for Business: Tips and Tools that covers all the information and methods you’ll want to get began.
Construct a more practical WhatsApp presence with Hootsuite. Reply to questions and complaints, create tickets from social conversations, and work with chatbots all from one dashboard. Get a free demo to see the way it works as we speak.
Handle each buyer inquiry on a single platform with Sparkcentral. By no means miss a message, enhance buyer satisfaction, and save time. See it in motion.