37 LinkedIn Statistics Entrepreneurs Ought to Know in 2022
If you wish to market to professionals, there’s no higher place than LinkedIn. The platform customers to attach with like-minded enterprise folks, apply and recruit for jobs, and observe the most recent information from organizations and influential folks from throughout the globe.
Once you perceive how LinkedIn members and types use the channel, you’ll acquire priceless insights into how one can incorporate LinkedIn into your social media technique.
Listed below are probably the most up-to-date LinkedIn statistics to concentrate on in 2022 that will help you craft thrilling campaigns.
Bonus: Download a free guide that shows the 11 tactics Hootsuite’s social media team used to grow their LinkedIn audience from 0 to 278,000 followers.
General LinkedIn statistics
1. LinkedIn turns 19 years old in 2022
The community formally launched on Might fifth, 2003, simply 9 months earlier than Fb launched at Harvard. LinkedIn is the oldest of the main social networks nonetheless in use at this time.
2. LinkedIn has 35 offices and 18,000 employees
These places of work are situated in additional than 30 cities worldwide, together with 10 in the USA.
3. LinkedIn is out there in 25 languages
This enables many international customers to entry the community of their native language.
4. Over 12 million LinkedIn members are signalling their availability to work
Making use of LinkedIn’s #OpenToWork photograph body, over 12 million customers are actively indicating their eligibility to potential hirers.
LinkedIn person stats
5. LinkedIn has 810 million members
To place that quantity in context, Instagram presently has over 1.2 billion users, and Fb has almost 3 billion. So LinkedIn might not be the most important of the social networks, however with a selected enterprise focus, it’s an viewers price being attentive to.
6. 57% of LinkedIn users establish as males, with 43% figuring out as girls
Males considerably outnumber girls on LinkedIn total, however you’ll must do some research to know the make-up of your particular LinkedIn viewers. Observe that LinkedIn doesn’t report any genders apart from male or feminine.
7. Over 77% of LinkedIn customers are from outside the US
Whereas the US is LinkedIn’s greatest market with over 185 million customers, the community has gained traction world wide.
8. LinkedIn has members in 200 countries and regions worldwide
LinkedIn’s customers dwell in additional than 200 hundred international locations and areas world wide. This consists of over 211 million in Europe, the Center East, and Africa, 224 million within the Asia Pacific, and 124 million in Latin America.
9. Nearly 60% of LinkedIn’s customers are between 25 and 34 years old
It’s not a shock that greater than half of LinkedIn customers are within the age group that’s beginning and rising their careers. It’s knowledgeable community, in any case.
Supply: Hootsuite Digital Developments Report 2022
10. With 23.38 million followers, Google is the most followed organization on LinkedIn
Beating out Amazon, TED Conferences, and LinkedIn themselves, tech big Google ranks as probably the most adopted firm account on the platform.
11. Adopted by over 35 million customers, Bill Gates is the most followed person on LinkedIn
The Microsoft founder is out on his personal as probably the most adopted private account on the platform, with nearly double the quantity of followers as Richard Branson behind him in second place. Humorous that Microsoft owns LinkedIn, however we’re simply speculating right here!
12. #India is the most followed hashtag on LinkedIn, with 67.6 million followers
The opposite hottest hashtags embrace #Innovation (38.8 million), #Administration (36 million), and #HumanResources (33.2 million). The dominance of the #India hashtag suggests to entrepreneurs that the nation is to not be ignored as a part of your international marketing campaign technique.
Supply: Hootsuite Digital Developments Report 2022
LinkedIn utilization stats
13. 49 million people use LinkedIn to seek for jobs every week
If your organization is hiring, your LinkedIn Page generally is a key supply of potential new workers.
When hiring managers can’t display screen potential new hires in individual, instruments like LinkedIn are much more essential. And 81% of talent professionals say that digital recruiting will proceed lengthy after the pandemic.
14. 6 persons are employed by way of LinkedIn every minute
If that final LinkedIn stat didn’t persuade you it’s price having a stable presence on this community, this one ought to. Any firm planning to rent new workers in 2022 wants a cultured LinkedIn Web page to assist entice top-tier expertise and leverage the channel to recruit candidates.
15. There are 77 job applications submitted every second on LinkedIn
To place this already exceptional determine in perspective, that’s 4,620 functions despatched each minute, 277,200 despatched each hour, and an unbelievable 6.65 million job functions despatched each day.
Of their 185 million members, LinkedIn’s day by day lively customers (DAU) account for 16.2% of them, figuring out at round 29.97 million customers that log in to the platform day by day.
17. 48.5% of users in the US use LinkedIn not less than as soon as a month
At roughly 89.73 million month-to-month lively customers (MAU), this represents a possibility for entrepreneurs to entry an intensive pool of decision-makers throughout the nation.
18. LinkedIn noticed 15.4 billion sessions in Q2 FY22
LinkedIn has transitioned from being “simply” a recruitment platform to knowledgeable community the place folks educate themselves and find out about different firms and alternatives of their trade.
19. 30% of a company’s engagement on LinkedIn comes from workers
This makes a whole lot of sense: your organization’s workers are the individuals who care most about seeing your model succeed.
Boosting model popularity through worker advocacy is a successful technique for firms that develop a complete program.
20. Employees are 14x more likely to share content from their employers than different kinds of content material on LinkedIn
This reinforces the LinkedIn stat above. Your workers are an essential a part of your LinkedIn advertising and marketing technique.
In the event you’re undecided the place to get began on worker advocacy, take a look at Hootsuite Amplify.
21. LinkedIn posts with photographs get 2x higher engagement
Bigger photographs do even higher, with 38% increased click-through charges than different photographs. LinkedIn recommends 1200 x 627 pixels.
Unsure what sorts of photographs to put up along with your LinkedIn updates? Take a look at these free stock photo sites.
LinkedIn promoting statistics
22. An advert on LinkedIn can attain 14.6% of the world’s population
That’s, 14.6% of individuals over the age of eighteen. Whereas this isn’t the best attain amongst social networks, LinkedIn has the benefit of a self-selected person base that cares about their work.
23. LinkedIn’s ad reach grew by 22 million people in This autumn 2022
That’s a 2.8% enhance from Q3.
Supply: Hootsuite Digital Developments Report 2022
24. Manufacturers have seen a 33% increase in purchase intent ensuing from advert publicity on LinkedIn
Entrepreneurs can profit from LinkedIn’s means to attach with members early within the advertising and marketing funnel by way of customers partaking with model posts and sharing them on their feed.
25. Entrepreneurs see as much as 2x higher conversion rates on LinkedIn
LinkedIn’s vary of instruments for viewers focusing on means web site visits originating from the platform usually tend to enhance conversions on B2B websites.
LinkedIn enterprise statistics
26. 4 out of 5 folks on LinkedIn “drive business decisions”
The platform’s chief promoting level for entrepreneurs is its means to focus on an viewers by their job, not simply their demographics.
This enables B2B entrepreneurs particularly to succeed in the individuals who make the shopping for selections.
27. There are 58 million companies on LinkedIn
It’s no surprise, as this highly effective community permits manufacturers to succeed in each shoppers and B2B prospects, in addition to new hires.
28. LinkedIn noticed a 37% year-over-year growth in revenue in Q2 FY22.
With the platform’s reputation ever-increasing, its paid companies have adopted swimsuit. As well as, customers can choose from a number of premium membership plans to entry improved metrics to spice up their engagement.
29. LinkedIn noticed a 43% year-over-year increase in Marketing Solutions income in Q2 FY22
As entrepreneurs have gravitated towards LinkedIn’s options to gas their very own development, they’ve additionally fuelled LinkedIn’s. Surpassing 1 billion USD for the primary time in Q3 FY21, the platform’s development in income isn’t any shock given its development in person base.
30. 40% of B2B entrepreneurs surveyed indicated LinkedIn because the most effective channel for driving high-quality leads.
LinkedIn customers can use skilled demographic knowledge to focus on the fitting folks primarily based on their job title, firm, trade, and seniority.
31. 93% of B2B content marketers use LinkedIn for natural social advertising and marketing
These stats make LinkedIn the highest community for B2B content material entrepreneurs, adopted by Fb and Twitter (80% and 71%, respectively). This isn’t shocking, on condition that LinkedIn affords a context by which folks anticipate and hunt down business-related content material.
32. 77% of content material entrepreneurs say LinkedIn produces the best organic results
In addition to boasting probably the most used platform for natural entrepreneurs, LinkedIn ranks as the perfect community for producing natural outcomes.
A way behind LinkedIn, Fb is available in at second with 37%, adopted by Instagram with 27% and YouTube with 21%.
33. 75% of B2B content material entrepreneurs use LinkedIn ads
It’s not a shock that the highest natural social community for B2B entrepreneurs can be the highest paid social community. Fb is available in subsequent at 69%, adopted by Twitter at 30%.
In the event you’re new to utilizing paid options on LinkedIn, we’ve bought an entire guide to LinkedIn ads to get you began.
34. 79% of content material entrepreneurs say LinkedIn ads produce the best results
Not content material with being the strongest social networking platform for natural outcomes, LinkedIn Advertisements ranks as the perfect for paid outcomes.
Behind LinkedIn got here Fb (54%), YouTube (36%), and Instagram (33%).
35. Manufacturers get 7x more reactions and 24x more comments on LinkedIn Reside streams than common video
We already noticed that LinkedIn video posts get extra engagement than common posts. However Reside video takes issues up an additional notch, with impressively excessive engagement ranges, particularly for feedback.
That prime remark price exhibits persons are engaged throughout the live video stream and ready to work together with the contributors.
36. Corporations that put up weekly on LinkedIn see a 2x higher engagement rate
Don’t assume you possibly can simply let your LinkedIn Company Page sit there idle. You want to frequently share updates to take care of a excessive engagement price on LinkedIn. The excellent news is you solely must put up as soon as every week to attain that increased engagement stage.
Our analysis exhibits that the best day to post on LinkedIn is Wednesday for B2B manufacturers or Monday and Wednesday for B2C manufacturers.
37. Corporations with an entire, lively LinkedIn Web page see 5x more page views
In addition they get 7x extra impressions per follower and 11x extra clicks per follower. Just like the LinkedIn firm web page statistic above, this exhibits the worth of holding your LinkedIn web page up-to-date and lively.
In the event you need assistance making certain your model is making probably the most out of its LinkedIn presence, check out our guide to optimizing your LinkedIn company page.
Simply handle your LinkedIn Web page alongside your different social channels utilizing Hootsuite. From a single platform you possibly can schedule and share content material—together with video—have interaction your community, and increase top-performing content material. Start your 30-day trial today.
Do it higher with Hootsuite, the all-in-one social media toolkit. Keep up to the mark, develop, and beat the competitors.