Clarence Hornung logos | Emblem Design Love
Clarence P Hornung (1899–1997) was an American printer, writer, typographer, and designer of logos and logos. He designed for e book publishers equivalent to Encyclopedia Britannica, Vanguard Press, and the E-book League of America.
In 1930, Caxton Press revealed the e book Commerce-Marks Designed By Clarence P Hornung.
The colophon states that 750 copies have been printed in December 1930, with 650 copies on the market. Every quantity was hand-signed and numbered by Hornung, and the American Institute of Graphic Arts named it one among their 50 Books of the 12 months in 1932. Extra particulars on Designers & Books, by Randall Ross of Modernism 101.
53 logos have been displayed inside the homage. Right here’s a range.
There’s not quite a lot of information to be discovered on-line concerning the late designer, however Hornung was clearly occupied with a broad vary of design subjects. LibraryThing lists the next books by Clarence Hornung.
- 2000 Early Promoting Cuts
- Promoting Designs of Walter Dorwin Teague
- Allover Patterns for Designers and Craftsmen
- An Previous-Normal Christmas in Illustration and Ornament
- Basic Border Designs by Twentieth-Century Masters
- Early Promoting Alphabets, Initials, and Typographic Ornaments
- Geometric Patterns and Tips on how to Create Them
- Handbook of Early Promoting Artwork: Pictorial Quantity
- Handbook of Early Promoting Artwork: Typographical & Decorative Quantity
- Handbook of Designs and Units
- Lettering from A to Z
- The American Eagle in Artwork and Design
- Conventional Japanese Stencil Designs
- Conventional Japanese Crest Designs
- Treasury of American Design
- Two Hundred Years of American Graphic Artwork
- Will Bradley: His Graphic Artwork
A few of these can be beautiful to look by means of.
Many because of Lux Mentis Booksellers (a web-based archive hard-to-find books) for scanning the logos above (just a few extra here).
Clarence P Hornung, on Wikipedia
Rare & Beautiful: The Man Who Designed 500 Logos, on Designers & Books
Clarence Hornung, The Master of Marks, on Letterology
Handbook of Designs and Devices, on Amazon.com
When you favored this, you may also wish to examine famend Polish designer Karol Śliwka (1932–2018).