TikTok Shares the Prime Clips, Creators and Tendencies within the App for 2022
TikTok has printed its fifth annual ‘Year on TikTok’ report, which offers an outline of all of the creators, moments and developments that resonated essentially the most within the app all through the previous 12 months.
As defined by TikTok:
“In 2022, we lived, we laughed, and we collectively agreed on our love of corn. Our international group entertained and impressed one another, elevating and celebrating self-expression by discovering, creating and sharing content material that captured our imaginations.”
TikTok’s 12 months in Assessment is separated into 9 classes:
- FYFaves – The most well-liked video clips of the yr total
- TikTok Taught Me – Which highlights academic classes, life hacks and how-to’s individuals have discovered from the TikTok group
- The Playlist – The most well-liked songs on the app in 2022
- Solely on TikTok – Key TikTok developments, powered by inventive results, sounds and different product options
- Breakthrough Stars – The rising creators and celebrities who had huge moments on TikTok this yr
- The Hitmakers – The most well-liked artists within the app
- Uncovered Communities – A celebration of subcultures and area of interest communities which might be thriving on TikTok
- Eats on Repeat – Key meals and recipe developments
- Liked by TikTok – A few of the hottest merchandise and SMBs introduced within the app
That gives a variety of angles and features, which may higher inform your understanding of the app, and the important thing developments in numerous niches and parts.
So what had been the highest TikTok clips of the yr?
The highest performer, with greater than 300 million views, was this clip from chocolatier @amauryguichon of the creation of a chocolate giraffe.
The complete listing of the preferred US clips is:
- @amauryguichon – Setting up a really massive chocolate giraffe
- @chipmunksoftiktok – Squishy’s again after hibernation!
- @rosalia – You possibly can say quite a bit with the best way you chew gum
- @blondebrunetteredhead – A deadpan tackle “Jiggle Jiggle” by the leads of Riverdale
- @little.blooming.women – “I’m only a child!”
- @schmoyoho – The beloved Corn Child will get remixed
- @lizzo – Lizzo helps us study the choreo for “About Rattling Time”
- @itsmrfinn – A instructor’s elaborate yearly college musical reveal
- @jimmydarts – Serving to Tom get again on his toes
- @meltandpour – The last word showdown: lava vs. ice
As you’ll be able to see, there are fairly just a few superstar clips in there, which underlines the rising cultural affect of the app, notably for musicians, who are actually increasingly leaning on TikTok for promotion and awareness.
TikTok’s additionally listed the highest 5 hottest clips of the yr globally, which is topped by this video from @ox_zung.
The video, a minimum of for me, feels considerably just like Kaby Lame’s strategy, in responding to viral developments.
The highest 5 international TikToks of 2022 had been:
- @ox_zung – The Sew knowledgeable shares tips that made us gasp!
- @rosalia – Rosalía exhibits us all how you can slay
- @lav_sings – Wows us along with her #DesiTok singing expertise
- @robertirwin – The Aussie conservationist rescues a child blue-tongued lizard within the outback
- @thammachad – An iconic Thai creator receives an award in all their glory
There’s a variety of insights into TikTok utilization, and what’s well-liked within the app, that may be gleaned from these clips, although the highest developments ingredient might present much more perception.
Prime developments for the US had been:
- Jiggle Jiggle
- It’s Corn!
- One Thing About Me
- That’s Not My Name
- OK I Like it, Picasso
- Core Memories
- Things That Just Make Sense
- Renaissance Eyes
These had been the issues that received TikTokers collaborating, and sharing their very own variations of the identical developments of their clips.
Which is the important thing to TikTok’s viral success. Earlier than TikTok, memes and developments had been extra of a passive consumption ingredient, however TikTok has added a participatory side, so that you’re not solely being entertained by different individuals’s clips, however the ecosystem additionally invitations you into the method, to share your individual take.
If you wish to study extra about TikTok and the way it works, these are the developments that it is advisable be aware of, and dig into in your individual analysis.
Additionally price noting from a advertising and marketing perspective – the highest merchandise on TikTok this yr:
Want TikTok advertising and marketing ideas? Price testing these promotions, and the associated hashtags, to see how every product has facilitated engagement within the app.
There’s a heap of nice perception right here to supply some precious perspective on how TikTok works, what resonates within the app, and what you ought to be doing to align with key developments and alternatives.
It’s undoubtedly price a glance – you’ll be able to try TikTok’s full ‘2022 12 months on TikTok’ overview right here.